Experienced Townsville Builders
We’re Townsville builders with over 10 years experience. With all of our personnel living in Townsville, we drive the growth at our business and maintain the passion that comes from local Townsville people, growing up in and building our own Townsville community.
- 100% locally owned and operated
- All suppliers are 100% locally owned and live and work in the region
- A company committed to the local community
- A proven track record in the Townsville region
- A history of long term employment and significant training initiatives
- An ability to work with all levels of clients
- An understanding of the complexities of competing priorities
- A full understanding of the unique issues faced in North Queensland
- A team focused on success
WE SPECIALISE IN
- Private Custom Homes with years of experience building on slopes (Castle hill, Douglas hill, Bushland Beach hill etc).
- Large full house renovations including house lifts and build in underneath projects.
- Commercial projects including carpentry packages for large scale Townsville builders such as Woollam, RCQ, JMac, Hutchies etc.
- To offer a highly competitive and personalized quality building service;
- To demonstrate professionalism, attention to detail and uncompromising workmanship in each and every job we undertake;
- To exceed customer expectations each and every time.
Recent Construction Projects
Townsville Women’s Centre
Townsville women’s centre has been handed over with a smile. It was a great opportunity and experience working for such a professional building company in undertaking and completing the carpentry package for Woollam Constructions. Being part of building an organisation for such a good cause was goal ticking and we can’t wait to do it again. This is Carl our site supervisor showing off his skills in commercial leading hand from start to handover.
Amazing Grace Early Learning Centre
Where do I start? Winning John Gray Constructions’ biggest project thus far was amazing. Creating four months of work for not only my team but for my contractors and suppliers as well.
All in all, the project was a dream to build. She was built stick by stick just as we pulled her down.
The clients? Loving it! Any changes that had to be made weren’t a drama. Even a late request by the clients for a back door – no worries at all. John Nawar and his team would be happy to show anyone through their building.
Meet our team
Lead Commercial Builder
Carl specializes in complex commercial construction projects. With his vast expertise for all things commercial construction, your next construction project is in good hands.
- Commercial Constructions 95% 95%
- Customer Satisfaction 100% 100%
Founder, Owner, Lead Project Manager
Renovation and restoration is Johnny’s primary expertise. With his imaginative approach for all things renovation and restoration, your makeover project is in the best of hands.
- Restoration/Renovations 90% 90%
- Customer Happiness 100% 100%
Peter brings years of experience in project management and does it with a smile. He is thorough, committed and genuinely cares about Johnny Gray’s customers.
- Project Management 95% 95%
- Customer Happiness 100% 100%
“Just want to say a HUGE thank you to the team at John Gray Constructions, the boys did an amazing job!!! Highly recommend these guys, not only did they show up on time but they were professional from start to finish.”
“Anyone looking for a builder, commercial or residential, I couldn’t give a better recommendation than Johnny Gray.”
Ray White West End
“Great team doing great work! If you need a full build or just some renovations give John a call.”
Check Out Our Latest Videos!
Blog & News
Bathroom renovation is a worthy investment for bathrooms large and small.
Thinking of renovating your bathroom any time soon? While shower, bathtub, vanity, and storage are invariably the first things that come to mind
As part of John Gray Constructions ongoing and support for the community, Johnny regularly engages with TecNQ apprentices and offers a hands-on perspective of the process leading to employment in the construction industry in North Queensland.
Renovating your bathroom is a big investment, so it’s important to do your homework before you start.
Consistent with the last five years, kitchens remain the most popular interior remodeling project, followed by master bathrooms and living rooms
If you are looking at the prospect of a renovation job, what adds value? And what is just a waste of time and money?